Do you drink beer?
I don’t anymore. But, hey! If I did, today would be the day to drink it.
Why? Because it’s National Drink Beer Day!
Aren’t you glad I told you? :)
According to the Brookston Beer Bulletin, it all started back in 2012. According to their website and Facebook page, they offer no real reason why the holiday exists except — to drink more beer!
Want to know a little more? Here are a half-dozen amazing facts about beer:
- After he won the Nobel Prize, Niels Bohr was given a perpetual supply of beer piped into his house.
- The Code of Hammurabi decreed that bartenders who watered down beer would be executed.
- At the Wife Carrying World Championships, first prize is the wife’s weight in beer.
- A cloud near the constellation Aquila contains enough ethyl alcohol to fill 400 trillion trillion pints of beer.
- Coined in the early 1900s, the word “alcoholiday” means leisure time spent drinking.
- The builders of the Great Pyramid of Giza were paid with a daily ration of beer.
If you’re interested in more facts, visit the Brookston Beer Bulletin website.
Why am I sharing this with you?
National Drink Beer Day is just one of several unique holidays going on throughout the month of September. There are more than a hundred unique holidays each month throughout the year.
With all the “noise” going on in your customers mind these days, it’s important that you capture their attention in the most power and unique ways possible.
There are about 13 recognized holidays that we celebrate here in the State of California. But, there are hundreds of unique holidays you can tie your marketing message into to get the attention of your customers.
You can find unique holidays by month, week, or day at www.BrownieLocks.com