I came across an article on the Most Memorable Fads of the Last 10 Years. I don’t know if they were the MOST memorable, but I do remember them. Let’s see if you do:
- In 2010 Angry Birds was the mobile game you couldn’t put down and we all spent way too much time playing it.
- Planking was probably one of the worst fads to hit 2010 and we all hope it never comes back!
- In 2012 Honey Boo Boo and her family took over our tv with their redneck charm and her memorable sayings!
- In 2012 Gangnam Style was something we had on repeat and we all knew the dance moves too well!
- Vine’s six-second-long looping video clips took over for a minute and we couldn’t stop watching and laughing!
- In 2016 the Mannequin Challenge was another trend that even the hottest celebrities were participating in.
- In 2016 Pokemon Go got us to get up and go outside to catch them all! People died playing this game because they just weren’t paying attention. :(
Why are fads so popular?
People are so interested in the NEW and different, we express it in our vernacular. When we greet someone, we say, “What’s new?”
We don’t ask, “Hey, what’s old? What’s the same as it was the last time I ran into you?” :)
Why don’t we ask that? Because we just don’t care about what’s old.
If you want to keep your customers, keep your customers interested, and keep getting your customers to tell others about you, you’ve got to keep coming up with good answers to the question, “What’s new?”
At our next EMP Alliance Zoom Power Event, we’ll be discussing MORE ways to get (and keep) the attention of your ideal customer.
One of those ways is by staying HOT and interesting in the minds of your customer.
The EMP Alliance Power Event is for members only. BUT, if you’re not currently a member and you would like to attend…